The coordinator responsibilities are multifaceted and involve coordinating pro se cases, guardian ad litem cases and cases that are also assigned to the juvenile drug court. The job is performed under the direction of the legal professional or the administrator of the judiciary. Some of the common functions as well as responsibilities of the case coordinator comprise the following:
- Coordination of the pro se cases that are filed in the division of family law
- Providing assistance to the litigants for the completion of as well as filing the right kind of documents according to the demands of the case law
- Speaking on behalf of the party, if it is applicable
- Interpreting the rulings of the judge
The academic requirements of the case coordinator takes into consideration a high school education along with a bachelor's degree from a college, or a master's degree from a university with the major course work in the following subjects of:
- Social sciences
- Behavioral sciences
- Special education
You must remember that in order to follow the coordinator responsibilities you are also required to go for suitable training as well as experience in the relevant fields. Having a master's degree in social work might make up for a year of experience in non substance abuse.
The key skill sets of the case coordinator duties include the following:
- Participating in team decisions for determining appropriate recommendations for the clients
- Meeting with the clients and their families in treatment as well as within the community for evaluating and assisting with their needs and problems
- Maintaining habitual communication with the clients, their families, treatment providers and the department of juvenile justice
- Establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with the staff members, program participants, referral agencies and courts
Training of any kind is important for acquiring the job of a case coordinator which when coupled with education and experience provides the candidate with the requisite skills, abilities as well as knowledge for performing the functions and responsibilities that the job demands.
As prior experience, your case coordinator duties need to include a couple of years of counseling and social work as well as related experience in the relevant field. You must remember that as a case coordinator one year of this experience must include the field of substance abuse and or case management.
The global career prospects for the case coordinator duties are good. According to the estimates of the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the prospects for a case coordinator career are likely to improve until the year 2014. In fact, people with better qualifications and experience are likely to bag better jobs with high paying salaries.
The salaries of the careers that are centered on the case coordinator are around $48,000. However, the salary is something that depends on a variety of factors such as the following:
- Years of experience
- Amount of benefits that the incumbent is entitled to
The salary of $48,000 had been computed on the basis of the average salary for the case coordinator jobs. The median salary of the case coordinator responsibilities happens to be somewhere between $33,000 and $68,000.
The case coordinator is supposed to track the tasks of the client on a regular, if not daily basis for monitoring compliance along with the continuing case plan. One of the coordinator duties is to maintain the database as well as record the progress notes of the client and client files. In fact, the case coordinator responsibilities are such that the candidate is expected to give regular hours on all days of the week. At times, even weekend shifts are necessitated for the job as are the night shifts.